- Set up webcams in meat processing facilities.
- Make them federal property so that destroying or deflecting them is a crime.
- Stream the footage for FDA agents and registered animal rights groups.
- Record randomly (continuously for suspected abuse).
- Secure access to the content so that it can't be hijacked.
For those out there like me, who love animals but still eat meat, I'll tell you what my practice is:
I eat less meat. When I do eat meat, I eat seafood more often. I no longer shy away from the fact that meat is the body of an animal who shares my DNA, that I probably would have thought was cute, and that I would have risked my neck to protect from cruelty. I briefly acknowledge the life that has been given for me, and I promise that I will try to protect the right of each animal to have a good life for as long as it lasts.
I am grateful. I say thank you.