Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Your Mother!

I feel a bit like Rodney Dangerfield today. After writing a 500 word press release about a 5,000 word article on nematodes and toads, I got this nasty-gram from the journal: "Thank you very much for providing a sample release for our journal. Our choice ultimately came down to finding a candidate that could grapple with the complex scientific content in our journal. We appreciate the time you took to apply..."

Never mind that I explained the subject in language that would be likely to catch an editor's interest -- what if I didn't? Did I deserve to be told that my intellect was lacking? Whatever happened to "Thank you, but we selected another candidate"?

Good grief. Or, as Rodney might say, "I get no respect!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wench, I want to say this about that...